Friday, September 14, 2007

Mejor me quedo aquí.

As much as it pains me to say it, I'm thinking about postponing my internship period and sticking out another semester here in The Hague. There's a really interesting minor at uni that I'd like to do and putting off the internship would also mean that I would finish up everything here just in time for the next opening of the position in Israel that I originally turned down because of time constraints.

I went to Kasia's last night after getting off work. Jair and Gerald stopped by as well and we sat around for a few hours drinking coffee and catching up before walking over to the Welcome Back Party being thrown by the student association I used to sit on the board of. I don't know if it was the fact that I was tired, utterly sober or just not in the party mood, but I could not, for the life of me, force myself into the spirit necessary to tolerate such gatherings. I walked around a bit, talked to a few friends, had a mineral water, then split. Kasia, G and Jair didn't seem like they were enjoying themselves much either so they came with me and we headed across the street to get some greasy fries and Fanta. Standing out in the cold, shivering our asses off and talking nonsense was probably the highlight of the whole evening, and on my ride home all I could do was think of Granada and how much I truly do miss it.

I wish so much I could just snap my fingers and be back there again, far from all the stress and mundaneness of routine here. Speaking of blasts from the past, however, I'm meeting up with Bertrand for coffee tomorrow. I haven't seen him since he was here on his exchange in my first year. I'm excited to see him, yet slightly nervous and strangely unsettled. It's weird, sometimes, to stop for a moment and take a look behind you, to return to old places and glimpse old faces long after certain events and changes have transpired. Tomorrow will certainly be one of these instances. I'm sure we'll have a great time, though.

Gotta run now, late for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment