Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Year & All That Jazz.


Is it already that time again? Let's have a quick recap.

2009 was the year I took G to Hawai'i, moved to the Bagijnhof, travelled through Morocco and Portugal, joined a mass pillow fight on the Dam, Vondelparked the summer away, celebrated my 7th year in Europe, MCed a wedding, danced my ass off at Dour & then the Gentse Feesten, lived like a vagabond between Delft & Amsterdam, celebrated a wild and very intoxicated Thanksgiving with my favorite group of Eurotrash, rang in my 26th year, spent a wonderful Christmas in Poland with my best friend and her lovely family, sang, laughed, lived, and never stopped wanting more.

2010 will be the year I finish my degree, spend an entire summer in the islands, pass the DELE, learn to sail, finally get my hands on the Digi SLR camera I've been drooling over for ages, gain at least a basic level of Polish, say goodbye to The Netherlands (at least for now), finish War & Peace, get published, and write, write, write my heart out.

Tomorrow Kasia and I are off to Berlin to spend New Years Eve there with a good friend of ours and her boyfriend. What a lovely way to say goodbye to one year and welcome the arrival of the next. It's going to be a good- no, a phenomenal year! I can feel it already. Kerouac said “I was going to be left alone on my butt at the other end of the continent. But why think about that when all the golden land's ahead of you and all kinds of unforseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you're alive to see?”. I am glad indeed. Here's to unforseen events and a prosperous, happy and eternally adventurous 2010 to everyone! See you on the other side!

As always,

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment