Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The orange months.

Orange. Everywhere I look, I see orange. It's the color of the chairs, the signs, the posters lining the walls. It feels as though it is seeping into my skin, permeating my thoughts, chasing me through the building. I don't know why I never noticed before, but my entire existence as an intern in this company is defined by this color. And I loathe it.

The Dutch have a penchant for these glaringly bright, nauseating colors. I once sub-let the apartment of a friend who had purposely and consciously painted his living room wall lime green. The place was otherwise beautiful and couldn't have been better located, but I spent my entire six months there avoiding it like the plague because of this wall. Anyone who ever said that color is a minor factor in determining your well-being never spent a moment in that apartment or worked in this building. If I suffered from epilepsy, Tourette's or homicidal mania, this place would send me into a fit in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Joey!
    p.s. Wasn't it the Dutch who "bred" our modern day orange carrot?
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete